New CF31 Requirements for Mortgage Advisers
||On a date of your choice
||Available on application
Meeting the new CF31 requirements for Mortgage Advisers
In Policy Statement 10/9 published in June 2010, the FSA confirmed the creation of a new Controlled Function 31 for Mortgage Advisers and the timetable for implementation. By 1st October 2011, advisers must have secured individual approval from the FSA to fulfill CF31 or cease advising customers.
This practical workshop has been developed to help firms and individuals understand the FSA 's new expectations of holders of CF31 and how to achieve and maintain approval under the new regime.
Attending the workshop will help you to:
- Understand what the introduction of CF31 means for your business
- Clarify who is covered and who is not under the new CF31 proposals
- Effectively manage the approval process
- Review the way systems and controls are allocated and overseen in your business
- Develop a plan to meet the transitional requirements and ensure ongoing compliance
Who will benefit
This workshop will be of value to Mortgage Advisers, Sales Managers, Compliance and Training & Development professionals in all organisations offering mortgage advice.
Workshop leader - Philippa Grocott
|CF31: an overview
||Review the scope and intention of the new regime
- FSA objectives
- Who is affected
|The implications for your Business
||Know what you need to do and when
- Transitional arrangements
- Post transitional
|The implications for individual Advisers
||Understand the standards Approved Persons should meet and how they apply in practice
- Approved Person sandards, behaviours and obligations
- Principles and code of practice
- Personal liability
- CASE STUDIES – business scenarios that would give rise to breaches of principles
|Attaining and maintaining approval
||Know what information must be notified to the FSA and when
- The process to attain CF31 approval and the forms required for notification
- Ensuring the information is maintained and up to date
- Maintaining Fit and Proper status
- Maintaining Competence
|Planning the way ahead for your Business
||Identify the work required to ensure your business is prepared for the new regime
- Key tasks to perform prior to December 2010
- Changes to your T & C scheme
- The implications of not taking this seriously
- Summary and Final Q & A
Philippa leads CTP's approach in the Retail Sector and brings to the role extensive experience of managing a major training function covering financial advice, mortgages and general insurance as Head of Learning – Direct Channels for Barclays Bank plc. This followed a highly successful career in sales which gives her the strong customer focus and business awareness which is much appreciated by clients.
As an independent consultant Philippa has been involved in training design and delivery projects for Offshore Call Centres, sales and sales supervision training for a major UK institution and bespoke TCF training for a major insurer.
Philippa holds the Advanced Financial Planning Certificate, Financial Planning Certificate and Certificate in Mortgage Practice. She is also an NLP Master Practitioner and holds a BTEC in National Business Studies.
If you are interested in booking this course, or if you have any questions, please call call us on 01908 488170.