You are looking at one of our in-house courses. Many of our in-house programmes are also available as open courses on specific dates. Click here to see our open course calendar.
Outline & Objectives
The new and ever changing world of digital media offers tremendous opportunities - and significant risks - to financial services organisations, and something of a headache to regulators.
Specifically developed for Compliance, Legal and Marketing specialists in FCA regulated firms, this timely course will bring you up to date with the latest FCA regulations, guidance and approach to digital media and examine the implications for your marketing activities and compliance controls.
Attending will enable you to:
- Analyse how Financial Promotion requirements apply to digital media
- Review the FCA's approach to the supervision of 'new' and digital media, including the most recent developments and communications
- Examine digital media risks, your organisation's risk appetite in this area and the MI and controls appropriate to managing and mitigating these risks
- Consider digital media in the context of key regulatory themes and priorities, such as TCF, conduct risk, SYSC and aggregator and comparison websites
- Benchmark your approach against industry best practice and regulatory expectations
Who will benefit?
This course will be of value to Compliance, Legal and Marketing specialists, as well as Senior Managers with oversight responsibility for Compliance, Marketing and Corporate Communications.
Topics covered may include but are not limited to:
- FCA’s approach to 'new media', including social media
- Appetite for risk: regulated firms and the new regulator
- Product development, Retail Conduct Risks and new media
- FCA Guidance
- FCA approach and requirements
- Application in the digital media environment
- Management information
- Control and approval framework
- Practical examination of issues and challenges